CSS Text-Shadow

If you are making your own map using iMapBuilder and need more features
that is not yet available, please make a suggestion here.
zapways

CSS Text-Shadow

Postby zapways » 2013-08-22 18:42:53

I am using iMapBuilder HTML5... So far it's great. However, I found that sometimes text elements need CSS3 shadows. Sometimes, the city name labels are just too dark or too light on the background.
I can do this if I publish the map and add a class name to the map labels, then link a stylesheet adding text-shadow to those classes, but It would be way better and a STRONG SELLING POINT to be able to control this through the properties panel interface. All you need to do is add a stylesheet to the published project, or simply add it to the <head> area of the html files.

Nieve

Re: CSS Text-Shadow

Postby Nieve » 2013-08-23 06:35:46

Thanks for the feedback.
Our developers are going to review it in the coming version.

tommyl

Postby tommyl » 2013-08-27 07:23:52

zapways wrote:I am using iMapBuilder HTML5... So far it's great. However, I found that sometimes text elements need CSS3 shadows. Sometimes, the city name labels are just too dark or too light on the background.
I can do this if I publish the map and add a class name to the map labels, then link a stylesheet adding text-shadow to those classes, but It would be way better and a STRONG SELLING POINT to be able to control this through the properties panel interface. All you need to do is add a stylesheet to the published project, or simply add it to the <head> area of the html files.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Our developer has tested the text-shadow style on the SVG text element (e.g. abbreviation, map label, marker label), they do not work properly in all browsers, only Chrome browser can show the shadow, all others browser (Firefox, IE) also fail. Therefore, we cannot apply this style on text elements because of compatibility issue.

Regards

Golfalert

Postby Golfalert » 2016-08-02 12:42:56

Very informative conversation, specially for me.

Return to “Feature Suggestion”