Drill down maps

If you are making your own map using iMapBuilder and need more features
that is not yet available, please make a suggestion here.
guesso87

Drill down maps

Postby guesso87 » 2011-04-14 06:29:01

How to create drill down maps? It seems that iMapBuilder for Windows does not have continuous zooming. Is that something you can consider?

chfung

Re: Drill down maps

Postby chfung » 2011-04-20 08:51:56

Actually you can create drill down maps by setting up multiple map projects that are published to different folders. For example you need to create a drill down map of California from the US map. You can create a main US map and a California map separately, and published to different folders. Then in the main US map, set the click link of the state of California to the published location of the California map.

This is a reference sample which you can get the detailed steps:
http://www.imapbuilder.com/user-guide/create_a_multi-level_map.php

and this is another sample of the map (with Australia being the drill down):
http://www.imapbuilder.com/customization/samples.php?sampleid=imapbuilder-features-showcase

serenus

Postby serenus » 2011-10-19 08:01:54

Hello,

Is there an option to have user a back link after the user has drilled down. I am using a custom jpg and have created 2 projects where project 1's specific area is linked to project2. So once i am in project2 area, i want user to have an toption to go back to project1. is this possible?

Example: Project 1 has a building image with say 10 floors. Each floor are marked as regions and clicking on each floor will link to the floor plan for that floor. Again Floor plan are divided into regions which will again be linked to each flats for that particular region. Can i have a back/next link.

FYI, I have a purchased the standard version of windows imap builder for 1 user at 99$. Please treat this urgent.

estella

Postby estella » 2011-10-20 04:27:24

serenus wrote:Hello,

Is there an option to have user a back link after the user has drilled down. I am using a custom jpg and have created 2 projects where project 1's specific area is linked to project2. So once i am in project2 area, i want user to have an toption to go back to project1. is this possible?

Example: Project 1 has a building image with say 10 floors. Each floor are marked as regions and clicking on each floor will link to the floor plan for that floor. Again Floor plan are divided into regions which will again be linked to each flats for that particular region. Can i have a back/next link.

FYI, I have a purchased the standard version of windows imap builder for 1 user at 99$. Please treat this urgent.

You can use text label and add hyperlink to link back to project 1. You may refer to the user guide here for text label:

http://www.imapbuilder.com/user-guide/Adding_Labels.php

You can see a hyperlink button above the text box. Select the text you entered and click that hyperlink button, insert the url address of your project 1. Click OK, then visitors will be directed back to the project 1 when they click this text.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Feature Suggestion”