Need ability to pop-up small videos on maps

If you are making your own map using iMapBuilder and need more features
that is not yet available, please make a suggestion here.
3dvisual

Need ability to pop-up small videos on maps

Postby 3dvisual » 2011-05-11 18:28:15

Hello all,
I presently use Imapbuilder and enjoy all the features available.
However, there is one feature that I need most of all that unfortunately I cannot get in Imapbuilder. That feature is the ability to click on a "hot-spot" on the map and have it pop-up a small video on the screen. (similar to the way it pops up images and text boxes). ( I do realize that this could be done to a certain extent by using a URL to a video on a web site, but that won't work in my case, as the videos will be located on a hard drive for desktop applications which will not have internet access in most cases).

The features that I am asking for is the funtionality to:
1. Point and click on a hot spot that will then run a small video (in pop-up mode, most likely a .mp4 or mp3 audio file).

Thanks in advance,
W. Marcus

chfung

Re: Need ability to pop-up small videos on maps

Postby chfung » 2011-05-12 10:39:50

Usually our clients would upload the map (and the associated files) online, so it may not be possible to implement a feature to load videos locally on a PC to a map which is viewed also locally on your PC. The way you have suggested for adding online video URLs would be our supported option for now. Our developers have noted your ideas and see if an embed video player can be created and allow uploading own videos for the map for future versions. You may also consider customization if you would need video player integration with map popups.

3dvisual

Postby 3dvisual » 2011-05-12 16:46:40

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me who I would contact about "customization" ?

Thanks, wm

chfung

Postby chfung » 2011-05-16 06:59:57

3dvisual wrote:Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me who I would contact about "customization" ?

Thanks, wm

You may contact me at xavier@a4support.com and we can discuss. Thanks!

Return to “Feature Suggestion”